Thursday, May 27, 2010

How many points is that?

I did it. I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting where I actually weighed in and made a plan. I had to admit to myself that I have a problem and I had to get over the awful, pathetic feeling of not being able to do it all by myself.

I have to say - it wasn't that bad.

The people there are genuine and kind and ever-so-understanding of a person who has never really been on a program. After doing lots and lots of research, I feel this is the program that will make it so that I can still cook from scratch. I feel like I am making a lifestyle change instead of going on a diet.

The instructor kept pulling out pictures from when she was bigger (she lost almost 90 pounds!). I kindof wanted to pull out pictures of me from when I was skinnier. I wanted to say "Look! I know what it's like to be skinny! I get it!" But, of course, nobody wants to hear how you've plumped up - they want to see how you've slimmed down.

So I am now officially a POINT tracker and I am hopeful. Mostly I'm hopeful that I will be at least moderately successful so that I don't have to add "losing weight" to the list of things I suck at.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I {heart} Weight Watchers! It's an amazing program, and how I lost over 40 pounds! It is a lifestyle change and something that you can easily maintain. I am so happy for you! My recommendation is to buy the WW Magazines, they have so many yummy recipes and motivational stories. Also check out my Food blog, I put up recipes with WW Points all the time! Good Luck! I am here for support if you need any!!

colleeeen said...

I love you sweetness. And I'm proud of you.