School has started for me and it hasn't felt like I have had a chance to slow down.
Today's schedule? We have a birthday party and a wedding reception to attend. It's sometimes hard to figure out what to wear when at one point of the day you're supposed to be in a pool and at another moment you are supposed to be in a nice dress with heels and lip gloss. Methinks that the cologne of sunblock and chlorine would not bide well at a fancy reception?
It's not all bad, though. It's been nice to have things to focus on and places to be. I can become a little obsessive about things if I don't have better things to focus on.
Annie's having fun watching cartoons and movies all day. I thought she would get bored, but she hasn't yet. We haven't gone swimming as much - but mostly because the pool is just too darn cold still. Seriously, by this time last year, the pool was at 90 degrees (the perfect temperature when the weather is at 120). Right now, it waivers between 78 and 80 - and it doesn't seem to matter that we are at over 90 degrees in the middle of the day (it still gets pretty cold at night). It still feels nice, there is just a nice shock when you first get in.
We're busy - but we're having lots of fun. We're planning a trip to the Grand Canyon in a few weeks and trying our best to not go stir crazy before then.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't type in Chinese. I feel left out.
Post a Comment