You wouldn't ever think there was a dark side to weight loss. It's all supposed to be all happy and good - but I'm here to tell you, there are bad things about losing as much weight as I've lost (45 pounds down - about 25-30 more to go). It's good that it's still worth it.
The food pushers. You know the ones . . .
"Have some of this delicious food,"
"It looks fantastic, but I've had enough, thanks."
"No, you really need to have some of this. It's the best. thing. ever. You don't have to worry about calories - it's Christmas/Birthday/Random Celebration time. I made it just for you."
"Thanks - but I'm doing so well on my diet. I think I'm going to pass."
"If you don't eat this, the world will fall apart and life itself will cease to exist. I need you to eat this so that I don't feel guilty about eating some, too. Please eat it and then we can be friends."
I already think about my diet and eating too much, I don't need someone tempting me with foods that I shouldn't be eating. I indulge occasionally - and I try my best to enjoy the "diet" foods. Calories still count around the holidays. Some people feel like they deserve to indulge, I feel like I deserve to be healthy. Most people are so supportive and helpful - even going so far to change recipes or think about healthy eating when I am coming to their home. I've actually only experienced the food pusher a couple of times - thank goodness.
My boobies. Seriously. I've gone from a DD cup to a B cup. The curves to my butt disappeared, too. I think I'm going to have some serious padding in my future (on the boob side, probably not the butt side). I didn't ever think I would miss my boobs, but women's shirts need a little bit of boobage in order to make you look like a girl.
My future. My future is knowing that if I want to remain skinny, I need to eat like a skinny person. Forever. I've done the experiment. If I eat everything that I want when I want it, I will gain weight. I remember at one of my first Weight Watchers meetings, the leader asked us what we didn't like about the program. One of the lifetime members piped up and said "that I have to be on it." It sometimes overwhelms me to think that this is never going to be "over."
The good outweighs (oh, punny) the bad. I don't gasp for breath when I go up my stairs anymore. Cute clothes look cute on me. I can outrun Annie and stay smiling. I think about active activities more. I feel prettier. I don't want to complain - I really have been doing well and I'm rather optimistic about things. I just thought you should know that it's not all perfect.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Stephani, you are doing so great! I know what it's like being tempted. But you are so good for staying on the path to being healthy. I lost all my weight and have been able to maintain for 6 months now. I just recently got pregnant again and let me tell you the curses of craving and wanting to constantly nibble are litterally eating me alive! I am trying to make healthy choices so I don't blow all my hard work. So far so good. I love reading about your successes, it keeps me going! You look great! Keep it up! Have a Merry Christmas!!
Thank you for this post Steph. You are inspiring!
Post a Comment