Sunday, March 27, 2011

My slender self


If you are my friend on facebook, you already know that I had a red-letter day this week. While I was getting my cap and gown, I tried on the gown that was for my height and the guy that was helping me said "I'm so sorry . . . the gown is going to be so big on you because you are so tall and slender." I wanted to kiss his face and have it repeated over the loudspeaker. Slender?? I giggled the entire way home and felt pretty smug and self-satisfied. No lightning struck - so I'm hopeful that a little prideful gloating won't turn you off of this blog.

I've worked hard to make it this far and I only have a little ways to go before I reach my goal. I am healthier, I feel so much better and have been able to accomplish something difficult. I've also noticed that I want better things for myself. I want to have a beautiful home and a pretty made-up face. I want to have painted fingernails and parties for friends in the backyard. It's not that I didn't want those things before, I've just realized that I seek after these things a lot more now that I am a little more confident in my clothes.

I know this isn't the "end" of my journey and that I have to keep working to keep the figure that I have, but I'm giving myself a pat on the back right now.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Go ahead a gloat. You look pretty fantastic! Congratulations on graduation and feeling fit.

rachelsaysso said...

Hooray for you!!!!!!! You look amazing. I'm so proud of you for all of these incredible accomplishments. You're my hero.

Kaitlan said...

You look FANTASTIC! good for you! Go ahead and gloat! you should be proud of yourself!

Mrs. Two Cents said...

Congratulations on all of your accomplishments! You look fantastic!

Merilee

Cathy said...

That's my girl! So what's the AZ State mascot?

Spencer and Heather Riddle said...

Oh my goodness Steph! You look absolutely stunning! Great job. I am so jealous but am so proud of you for accomplishing this goal! Congratulations on graudating too! You've worked hard and definately deserve it!

Anonymous said...

YOU. LOOK. SOOOOO. GOOD!!!!! Please repeat each word as a separate sentence in the mirror!!! You really look fabulous, Stephanie! You are very inspiring!

Patti said...

Good for you! It takes a lot of determination to keep at it. I'm very happy for you.

Anonymous said...

You look amazing - takes me back to our HOTTIE college days!