Tuesday, June 7, 2011

This is where I tell you how busy I've been

Yea, it's been busy. But not as busy as you would think. I make excuses like "I'm growing a brain - I have every right to lounge by the pool and eat cheese." I think pregnant women really are smug (disclaimer, this is a youtube video with some mild language - don't go to it if you are easily offended or if there are young children with virgin ears around).

Some things that I've done the last couple of weeks:

--Got my wedding ring and band fixed and am finally wearing them again. It's been since I was pregnant with Annie that I could fit into them, and now they are shinier and prettier than ever.

--Had a cool friend come and visit for a fun girlie weekend and we went to the MAC counter and Sephora and I am now the proud owner of $150 worth of beautiful makeup that doesn't feel gross on my skin and makes me feel special and beautiful. Seriously, quality stuff makes a difference.  True story - I actually purchased red lipstick (MAC Brave Red) . . . and wear it!! This has been an epiphany for me, and one that I think I will have to continue to explore.

--Went to the doctor and heard my baby's heartbeat. There is seriously no better sound than this. It's a good thing I had a list of questions for the doctor because after hearing that sound, I pretty much forgot who I was for a minute. It makes me very grateful to be pregnant with this little parasite. I scheduled the big "anatomy" ultrasound while I was at the doctor's office, we should know the sex of the baby by the end of the month . . . .yippie! I'm feeling better and am not near as tired. 

I also introduced Annie to pretzels and Nutella (heaven), spent time in the pool and basked in the glory that is my air-conditioned home. So much for productivity - (except I bet I'm the most "productive" I'll ever be in my life).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the song!!!