We've been busy here. John's work schedule has changed significantly in the past couple of months. He is working more and has more days he is on-call. He's also working graveyard shifts a lot more - so we get to see him a lot more during the day. Working this way has its advantages, but it has its yucky parts, too. Right now we are simply grateful for a job and we are trying our best to be positive about things that are not in our control.
Like teething . . . Here are two pictures I took of Zoe, two nights in a row. She was miserable and just wanted mommy to hold her till she fell asleep. I was thinking how fleeting this time is in her life and how I was one day going to look back and cherish this cuddle time. Even if it was far too late and I was tired, too, I scooped her up and we cuddled until her warm body gave way to a fitfull sleep. Two nights of that and she sprouted four new molars, and I'm sure there are at least two more waiting to make their appearance. Poor dear must have been in some significant pain.
On a positive note, we love our backyard! It is so much more usable and happy and Zoe especially likes going outside and exploring the terrain. We are getting significantly more usage out of our sidewalk chalk, bubbles and kites. I take my morning walk around the backyard (30 times around is a mile) while Zoe happily plays. I won't be able to do that for much longer because of the heat, but we will find something else we can do to stay active.
Life is good. Not always perfect, but good.
No comments:
Post a Comment