Annie was born in the south - the land of pollen. The land where things grow abundantly and miraculously - and where most people fuss about getting things to die rather than getting things to grow.
With all the coatings of dust and pollen that we had down there, she never had a problem with allergies. It took moving to the desert to find the things she was allergic to - and boy is she allergic. Last year, we found out that she had allergies because she barfed every other night for a couple of weeks. Thinking that my daughter had some strange, awful stomach ailment, I took her into the doctor who, instead of looking at her belly, looked up her nose. "She's got allergies - give her Claritin and put a humidifier on her at night."
So yesterday, when she started complaining loudly that her ear "really" hurt, I thought it was an ear infection. She's never had one before, but I figure she's due. I haul her to the doctor and before she looks in her ear, I tell her that Annie's never had an ear infection. She's impressed. She looks in her ear, "She still hasn't had an ear infection. She's got water on the ear from allergies - give her Claritin and put a humidifier on her at night."
So I guess what she has had this past week wasn't a cold, just her allergies coming back to bite her.
I think she's handling it much better than I am.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment