I thought I would bring everyone up to speed on how well Annie's doing. I'm still crossing my fingers that this is really real and not just something that she'll get tired of in a month or so . . .
She hasn't had a pee accident in a couple of weeks. She's very motivated to get to the potty and she doesn't like being wet. Yea for one pair of panties a day!!
The poop is taking a little longer to master. Sometimes she'll put a little poo in her panties, tell me she's got poop in her panties, and go the rest of the way in the potty. But she hasn't even done that in a week or so.
I found a very good solution to the "scary potty" issue. Post it notes! We bought pretty, heart-shaped sticky notes and as long as I put it on the "eye" before she sits on the self-flushing potty, all is well. She actually wants to go into the potty at every place we go to see if they have a "scary" potty so she can use the little post-its. I figure that's healthier than holding it in until we get home.
Becoming night dry wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It grosses John out, but if she stays dry through the night, I let her use the same pull-up for the next night. It's her little reward for staying dry. She loves waking up and putting her pull-up in her drawer and putting on fresh panties. I'm hoping that pretty soon she won't even need a pull-up. Mostly she's wearing them because I don't want to chance a clean up - she probably doesn't need them.
Once she got the hang of it, potty training has not been as stressful as I figured it would be. A lot of reminding and a lot of trips to strange potties.
Thanks to everyone for your puking advice! Hopefully this season won't be as puke-y as last year.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment