Friday, March 28, 2008

Cute Quotes

While we were at a young women's activity, in a very quiet room, listening to a very quiet speaker.

Annie: (loudly) I'm done with this. Can we get out of here?

This morning, while I was trying to keep her from waking up her grandmother.

Me: Shh, you've got to be a little more quiet. Why don't we go into your room and play with some toys.
Annie: But I want to play with grandma.
Me: Grandma is sleeping right now, and she doesn't want to play.
Annie: Grandma wants to play with me. She does!


While trying to get down from a barstool.

Annie: I can't get down.
Me: I think you can, just try.
Annie: (starting to cry) but I caaaann't get doooown.
Me: Annie, it's not that far, you need to try to get down on your own.
Annie: I know I can't - you have to help me.
Me: I'll help you after you try.
Annie: but I'll fall
Me: Then it won't be very far - just try.
Annie: O.K. I'm trying. (going very slowly to the first rung). I'm trying Mommy!
Me: Good! I knew you could do it!
Annie: See. I knew I could do it, too!

No comments: