Thursday, January 22, 2009

Uuuugghh- Update

I went to my urologist, who was a very nice man, but didn't seem terribly concerned about my infection. He ordered many tests: a CT scan of my kidneys, blood and urine work and a lovely little procedure where they stick a camera up my bladder. I have another appointment with him in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll know something by then.

In other, more happy news - John is doing some home improvement work. He really is my home improvement hero. We bought an extra, matching, ceiling fan when we bought all of the other ceiling fans for the house two years ago. We have a big loft upstairs that only had a ceiling fan on one side of the cathedral ceiling. Now, because of my husband's amazingness, we have one on both sides - with their own separate switches. You think that's easy? That was done while I was away this past weekend - and I was impressed. His other project is wiring the whole house for internet. He's trying to make it look good, and he's doing a good job. He's put several holes in the walls, but he'll fix them. He only got frustrated a couple of times, but for very good reasons.

I wish I had my camera right now - Annie's decided that she really doesn't want to suck her thumb anymore (thank the stars above!) so she has socks on her hands. I'm impressed with her determination. I wonder how long it will last.

I'm trying to take it easy. Trying to drink a lot of water. Trying not to think about an infection that won't be killed by four rounds of antibiotics. Trying to remember what an amazing life I have so I don't cry all the time. I'm sure it will all be well. I just want some answers.

2 comments:

Lora and Carl said...

I'm so sorry for your frustrations (physically--not fair I say!!) If you're up to it, call Susan Westphal. She has many of the same problems, and may at least be a good shoulder to cry on. I know you're in AZ, but her doctor in California is very cutting edge on some of these bladder/kidney fun things. Maybe he could catch it before it gets any worse. (still 909-591-1028 or clayton434@aol.com) and, since most women have had at least some thrilling female type troubles/bladder/invasive procedures, let me just give you a virtual hug. I agree that the worst is just wondering what the heck it is and how to make it go away forever!!!! Hang in there!

colleeeen said...

blech. infections stink and i'm so sorry you have to go through all of this crud. do you get to keep video of your bladder? you could show it at parties. sorry, TRYING to make you laugh.