Thursday, May 14, 2009

Busy week

This week was Annie's preschool graduation. She and her class were cute enough to eat while they stood up and got their certificate and said what they liked best about this year and pronounced their love for clay (that's what all the kids said they are excited about for Kindergarten). They then swam, and Annie got a little sunburn on her shoulders (I am a bad mom and didn't put on sunscreen - hey it was only 9:00 when we started!) and then they ate hot dogs and cheetos while the moms gabbed about how good our kids are and how much they have changed this year. It was a fun day (except for the sunburn) and we're now looking forward to a fun summer packed with summer movies, swimming pools and as few sunburns as possible. I really, really love summer and I'm excited to spend this one with my family.

I also realize how fun it is to spend time with girls. Last night, a bunch of us got pedicures and went to PF Changs for a friend's baby shower. It was a lot of fun to joke and laugh and be silly with a crowd of married mothers. It was also fun to know we could still "close down" a restaurant - although I went straight to bed as soon as I got home. Who knew that conversation, eating and laughing could be so tiring?

Pedicures should be mandatory for anyone who thinks they have stress in their life. I think most "stress" could be cured by just painting your toenails a pretty orangy-pink and soaking your dogs in hot water. The cottony-smelling lotions, the ankle rubdown, the sluffing off of dead skin and the care they take to put on cuticle cream, an undercoat, two coats of polish and a finishing coat - that's all just bonus. It made me feel cute and rejuvenated and it made me want to wear lip gloss. It was just what I needed.

When are we going again?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Don't you think pedicures are like spring cleaning? A must do. I feel the same way and Noelle has been making sure that everyone notices the flower on my toe. Plus, good girlfriends are good medicine.

Heidi said...

I will go with you whenever you feel the need!

Spencer and Heather Riddle said...

I will also go whenever you need to. It's just not fun going by yourself.

colleeeen said...

I have never had a pedicure. Maybe that's what's wrong with me. I think I'd rather blow my money on a facial.