Monday, May 4, 2009

Inspiration?

You know how when you go somewhere really exciting - like Disneyland - and it's only after you unpack, do a couple loads of laundry, change your sheets and clean up the whole house that you realize that life is full of excitement and boredom. Disneyland is exciting. All the other stuff is kindof boring in comparison. This is a good thing to realize.

There is a need for both things. Disneyland would be a completely different experience in the nude - so laundry is important. Changing my sheets and slipping into a starchy, clean, cool bed makes me feel like a new woman (I was going to say "makes me feel like belly dancing in a bowl of spaghetti", but it really makes me want to sleep, which is more important than dancing in pasta). Cleaning my house makes me want to get out of the house and do something amazing.

The boring stuff leads up to un-boring stuff. I am grateful for my boring life - such excitement is in store!

2 comments:

colleeeen said...

I would like very much to have a boring week. Please, oh please, bring on the boring!

rachelsaysso said...

That was a very lovely thought. And I needed to hear it today.