We met the teacher. (She seems very nice. The room seems very kindergarten-y.)
We bought the school supplies and put them in a cute backpack.
We signed up for the bus.
We found an outfit for her to wear on her first day.
We talked about her special day and the breakfast and lunch that she wants (pancakes - of course - and p.b. and j).
It's all happening so fast.
She won't be out of school again until she's a woman!
I think I'm freaking out a little more than I thought I would be.
She'll be great.
It's me I'm a little worried about.
I don't want to be one of those mothers who cries because her little girl is growing up. I want Annie to grow up! I want her to have wonderful experiences. I want her to really learn how to learn and figure out her place in the world.
This just seems so huge.
Like she's going to be a different person now that someone else is teaching her things.
Like my role as a mother is changing and there is nothing I can do to slow it down or stop it.
I always thought I would be one of those mothers who stayed home for 15-20 years and then settled into something after all the kids were in school. I've only been a stay-at-home mom for five years!
Did I do enough?
Did I make a difference?
????
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I did the same thing when I sent Hayden to kindergarten...and all my other kids, too. It IS such a huge step, where someone else will have a HUGE influence on them. But nothing replaces mom, so you're still number one. We only do half day kindergarten here, so I will do it all over again this year with Regan as she begins first grade. *sigh* It just all happens so fast!
This post made me want to buy school supplies...and give you a hug, because you're going to be great at this Mother of a Kindergartener business.
Oh Steph, I feel the same way when mine head out into the world for the first time. You are going to love it though when she comes home every day all glowing and chatty and happy as can be. How fun for you both!
I'm happy her first day went well. The teacher looks very nice, and I'm sure Annie will love her. I did pretty well sending my kids off to school, but I can't begin to explain what a meltdown I had when I sent Samuel off on his mission. What a basket-case I was for MONTHS!
Post a Comment