Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A quick story

This morning, as we were rushing, rushing, rushing to get clothes put on, shoes tied and hair brushed . . .

This morning when I didn't even have time to toast Annie's bread (but I did put homemade jam and butter on it) . . .

This morning when I placed her plate in front of her and told her to hurry and eat it so we don't miss the bus . . .

This was the morning that during the prayer on the untoasted toast she said "Please help me to eat my breakfast quickly and please help time slow down, just a little bit."

I said a hearty "Amen" and then felt the amazing desire to calm down. She ate the bread, we made it to the bus on time and I felt better than I had in a couple of weeks. I even smiled at her and told her what an amazing kid she is. It ended up being a good morning.

I realized I need to give myself time to slow down with this girl. One of these mornings, she'll forget to pray for it when it's really needed. Why do I put the pressure on time that I do? What is the worst thing that would happen if we missed the bus? What would happen if she went to school with untied shoes?

I'm grateful for the quick little reminder that Annie gave me in her prayer. It's already been answered.

No comments: