Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chugging along

We came home from our trip on Monday (more on that in a minute) and I promised myself that I would blog this week and catch everyone up on everything. But I also promised myself that I would graduate from ASU - and since this is a phenomenally busy week, I decided to put blogging on the backburner until I completed all my assignments. Hey, it only took me until Thursday at 10:46 a.m. I think that's a record (especially considering that I lost Monday to travel.)

Now, I am ready to blog. But not that ready - we don't have any pictures downloaded of the fun things we did or the cute people we saw. So maybe I just need to wait a week or so until things settle down more.

Is it enough to say that we went to Georgia, we had a fabulous time with friends that we hadn't seen in years, wished we could have seen more fabulous friends (we just didn't have time!) and we're glad we're back? I think it's enough for right now.

I just gotta say one thing - we pick good friends. I mean REALLY good friends. The kind of friends that will pick you up from the airport after your red-eye flight (where we got zero sleep) and let you shower and sleep on the couch while the children run amok. The kinds of friends that let you borrow their car while they are working so you don't have to rent one. The kinds of friends that use their vacation days to go to do touristy things with us that they have done a billion times before. Those wonderful friends that became our family away from family. Yep - we pick 'em good.

Hopefully this week will allow me the ability to download some pictures and show you the fun we had. Otherwise you'll just have to take it on good authority that fun was had.

No comments: