Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Reasons why I love my girl

Six years ago, I was cut wide open and delivered a perfect little girl with red hair. Even with the scars, I still love her and can't wait to see what happens next. Here are some reasons why I love my girl.

1. She still thinks boogers are funny. And poop. And farts. I love it when she giggles in that deep, dimply way.

2. She's finally getting freckles!! It's taken her skin this long to realize that freckles were the only thing missing from her nose. I count them every day and hope there are more.

3. She reads like a maniac. No seriously. There are words that I would have a hard time with that she sails through. I'm thinking of putting encyclopedias in front of her, just to see what she would do with the word "entomology."

4. She tells her friends at school that "My mom isn't good at lots of things. Mostly she likes to study and do her homework." I still don't know if that's a compliment.

5. She can't go to sleep at night without a hug and kiss from her Daddy. When he works early shift (like last week) and she doesn't see him for most of the week, she taps on her head and says "I'm giving Daddy a hug in my head. I'm giving Daddy a hug in my head." Only then can she have the sweet dreams she deserves.

Annie is a good daughter and I pray every night that I can be a good parent to her. Happy Birthday little girl - you're the best!

No comments: