I made it through the quicksand of the last four weeks. One more day left and I can officially say "I'm through with this . . . for now." Two more semesters and then I'll be looking for work - something I'm looking forward to as much as I look forward to dental work, but it will be good. I'm promising myself a happy outcome.
It's a good feeling to know that Annie was well taken care of while I was "working." It's also good to know that I was able to pull off another season of straight A's - even with the pressure and demand of this summer. Serious Phew!
School starts up next week for Annie and the next week for me. I'm already excited about the more structured schedule we will have. I'm excited for her to be in a new classroom and for her to actually understand what she's getting into this year. I have a new little outfit for her to wear on her first day, a cute new hair dilly and some new shoes. We just need bus and room assignments.
The weight loss has been consistent. I'm currently down 17 pounds. It's nice to see and feel even though I know I have a long way to go. Weight Watchers has held me accountable for my own weight loss and I'm totally on board. The only bad thing I have noticed about going to WW is that when I bring Annie to the meetings, she sometimes listens better than I do. I've heard "if you bite it, write it," almost every time I bring out my tracker journal. She also asks me "how many points is this?" when we are out. It worries me a little that I'm obsessing enough over my points and weight loss that she's picking up on it. I just don't want her to have a bad relationship with food - cuz food is gooooood.
This will hopefully be the first of many posts in the next week or so - it's time to get back into blogging.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whew! I am relieved for you! Good Job on finishing on top! Congrats on the consistent weight loss too. It is a great feeling.
Post a Comment