Yesterday John brought home flowers. Lovely, colorful flowers that I look at and feel love oozing out of every petal. I asked him if he was sorry for something. He said "Do I need to be?" and I of course said, "no." He said he walked by them and thought I needed flowers. I did. I needed flowers and I'm so glad that he thought of me. I feel so very loved and blessed.
Yesterday - I brought home liver pate. When he was a youngster, his grandfather would take him camping and bring out crackers and liver pate and call it horsey-doovers. I saw a can of liver pate on the shelf (never saw it before) and I bought it to bring home to woo my man. Aren't I nice?
Flowers vs. potted offal? No question that the flowers won, but the most fun thing about yesterday? The fact that we were thinking of each other. That when we saw something that the other "needed," we didn't hesitate to bring it home.
Marriage is not all flowers and canned meat, but today it is and I'm grateful for the reminder that we love each other and are there to pick each other up and encourage each other. He wants me to be good - and I want everything good for him.
I know I got a good one.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's funny. I told Ryan I was in need of wooing.
My marriage is ALWAYS canned meat. But maybe that's something you didn't want to know. ;)
Post a Comment