So Annie and I were watching "Where the Heart is" last night. If you've never read the book or seen the movie, it's about a young southern girl who gets pregnant and goes with her sorry boyfriend to start a life with him in the West, but he leaves her at a Walmart in Oklahoma while she's going to the bathroom. She doesn't have any money or family so she ends up living in the Walmart and eventually has her baby there and goes on to have a good life. (You can't make fun of me for watching this show - John's on graveyard shift this week and I always have an intense desire to watch Lifetime and Hallmark while we're on opposite schedules.)
While Annie's getting ready for bed, the girl is having her baby in the Walmart. She asks me what happened and I said "Her yucky boyfriend left her at the Walmart and now she's having a baby." She looked at me funny and then said "O.K."
I only realized this wasn't probably appropriate movie material when she woke me up at 2:00 a.m. and told me she was having a nightmare. I gave her a hug and told her that dreams are just fake - like cartoons - and that she could tell me about it if she wants, but she eventually needed to go back to bed. She said she wanted to tell me about it.
"Alright, honey. Tell me what you're dream was about," I said. "Mommy, it wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare. I had a nightmare that MY yucky boyfriend left me . . . at Target!!."
I almost peed my pants laughing after she left to go back to bed. High class dreaming . . .
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is too funny! Hysterical! And by the way...deep dark secret I guess...I've seen that show, and I LOVE those shows. Eli hates it that I watch them...
At the gym where I workout, on Saturday morning they flip the channel to Hallmark (we don't have cable at home). The problem is that I work out from 7AM to between 8-8:30AM so I never get to see the end of the movie! Weep! Last week it was about an orphan boy and his soapbox racer. The week before it was a couple, unsuccessful in getting pregnant, trapped in a small town in Mexico while waiting for their car to be repaired. Cheech Marin was in it! How could it get any better than that? No idea how either movie was resolved.
So funny that Annie would upscale to Target.
Post a Comment