Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I think I'm fitting in a little better

Fall is a weird time for me in Arizona. When I lived in the South, Fall was defined. Changing of leaves, grass turning brown, cooler weather. Here in the AZ, we start having gorgeous weather about mid October and it continues until it gets hot again in May. If it gets cold, it just means we have to put a sweater on. There is no "weatherproofing" of houses or pipes needed here. Things don't freeze or need to be scraped or "warmed up" before venturing out.

While I do miss the changing of the leaves, I don't miss much else. I have adapted to this climate and this culture. So when I wanted a "Fall" wreath for my door, I thought it was a little odd to put orange and red and yellow leaves up - it's just not very Arizona. So I did what any self-respecting Arizonian would do - and I started with turquoise.

What do you think?

2 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

Genius!

Unknown said...

I LOVe it! And you are so true...plus all of our doors are already ugly sun faded red anyways, right? LOL!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the wreath!