I just talked with a woman today who said that I "inspired" her to go back to school. She's never gone to college, she has five kids and she has struck out on an adventure that she will never, ever regret because she saw me and said "if she can do it, so can I." I was pretty tickled to hear that from her. She has so many more responsibilities than I do, but she has tackled her first semester and looked really, really happy to have done it.
I am so proud of her and so excited that she is starting this new chapter in her life. I hope, in some small way, that if I really did inspire her to do something so good for herself and for her family, that I was also able to convey how blessed I feel to be able to do something so good for myself. It is an honor to be able to get a college education - an honor that I have worked really hard at. I love that I can give that honor to someone else by just doing what I knew I needed to do. I was so proud to be a student today - so proud to be in the middle of a wonderful accomplishment.
Step back while my head grows a couple of sizes . . .
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment