I've been looking for a chair for my craft room since I painted a couple of weeks ago. I have some pretty specific requirements for the new chair - so it may take a while before I swap out the sturdy folding chair that I will be using until the perfect chair comes along.
I should say - comes along again because I actually found a beautiful chair at the thrift store. It had all of my requirements. It was sturdy, big, padded in the seat and interesting looking. I had visions of painting it white and putting a chartreuse fabric on the seat. I should have just bought it, but I knew I was going to have to put about $20 into the chair to get it to where I wanted it to be and the original price of the chair was $26. Goodwill has a 50% off sale every other week or so, so I figured I would just wait for the sale. I did, and it was a mistake. Someone beat me to it by an hour (I know because I saw it sitting in the back room waiting for someone to pick it up - I've never wanted to steal something so badly in my life). I have to keep telling myself that $50 for a chair is too much. If I was going to spend $50, I would buy a new one and it would be perfect. It's what I keep telling myself anyways.
So, I'm on the hunt again. I found some of these chairs on google images, so they aren't available to purchase, but I think any of these would be more than acceptable.
So if anyone sees a lonely chair they think I might like - let me know. I'm on a serious chair hunt.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment