Random thoughts after a few weeks of not posting anything . . .
I'm at that crazy stage in pregnancy where nothing fits me in the waist but I'm not quite ready for maternity clothes. So I wear the maternity clothes and wonder if people think I'm nuts - and people probably do. I'm hoping to really pop so that people don't have to guess if I'm pregnant or not - but that didn't happen with Annie until I was really far along. We'll see.
Here is a bad picture from my graduation. I only have the ones from my little camera right now, but it shows that I was there with a cap and gown. It was a sweet day that I'll always remember - especially the part where I heard my little girl cheer me on when my name was read. I'm so glad she saw me do something pretty amazing.
I'm graduated, but not looking for a job. I will get my Master's degree certificate in the mail in a few weeks and we'll start paying on my loans in a few months. While I don't feel obligated to get a job (because I have an amazingly supportive husband) I feel guilty about not contributing more to the family's finances- especially because I'm adding another bill to the pile and another mouth to feed. It makes me determined to be more frugal so that I can "earn my keep" by saving money. You thought I was a penny pincher before? Ha!
Cute story - Annie came up to me a couple of weeks ago and was lost in thought. She asked if Daddy had a Master's. I told her that Daddy had more than a Master's, he had a Doctorate. She then asked if I was getting a Master's degree. I told her that I was. She then asked, very seriously, if she "needed" to get a Master's. I laughed and told her that it wasn't obligatory to get a Master's in this family . . . just a Bachelor's.
I'm hoping this summer will be full of fun posts. We've already started swim lessons and we'll be hosting visitors, traveling to Disneyland, going to the beach and watching Annie's dance recital in the next several weeks. I'm excited about being happily busy.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are amazing, Steph!!!! Congratulations on graduating. Also, congratulations again on the upcoming baby and keep us posted as to how everything is going. We want to get together sometime and play some games! Maybe Dominion?
Post a Comment