Annie is in a dance class - a cute little ballet class that I faithfully took her to every Monday after school. She loved her teacher (the brave and talented Miss Allie) and I really think she gained some confidence and grace. Grace is difficult for a tall, gangly girl like Annie, but I think I have seen the beginnings of coordination and sweetness. She loves dance, but I'm pretty sure we've decided that this will be the last year that we do it. There are just other things that Annie is interested and excited about and we need to drop some things to accommodate those interests.
So this year's recital was a little bitter-sweet. I really believe there is power in performance and I think every child needs an outlet where they are applauded for their skills. This year, she beautifully performed a ballet number from a song from The Little Mermaid (it's called Fireworks and it is wordless - you would recognize it if you heard it).
Here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure. We sure do love our redheaded dancer.
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment