Lately I've been very grateful for parents who took us on vacation. I remember a lot of times in a hot, sweaty car going to visit family or go on some kind of adventure (can you say World Expo '84 in Canada?). I didn't realize at the time that those adventures took time, planning and money and they didn't even have the Internet then! Being the parent in situations like this is a little mind boggling - but it's a fun reminder that Annie (we'll give Zoe a couple of years) will remember these vacations fondly.
I am the Primary song leader at church. This means I teach the gospel of Jesus Christ to the 3-12 year olds through music. I also make an appearance in nursery (18 months to 3 years old) every Sunday to "teach" them how to love singing. I love my calling so much. I sometimes feel like the head cheerleader, sometimes I feel like they aren't listening, but mostly I feel blessed to have a large group of children who love to sing. Also - I have learned that when you teach "Little Pioneer Children" to this age group, you need to point out that they are singing about poo. If they learn that they can sing about poo - you've hooked them for good. I kindof wish there were more Primary songs about poo.
This month I have been asked, more than once, if my baby was premature at birth. This usually comes from random strangers at the grocery store or someone I don't know very well. I don't quite know what to tell them except that, yes, she was small but, no, not a "preemie." I tell them that I love chubby babies, I just don't make them. She's long and lanky, just like her sister. I must be feeling sensitive about it, but I feel like I have to justify to them why my daughter doesn't have multiple chins. I promise I feed my baby.
I need to download some more pictures so that you can see my lovely girls and all that we've been up to. Mostly, it's just been a fun, busy summer that will get busier before it settles down into the gentle rhythm of the 3rd grade (where oh where did the time go?).
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment