I need to do a whole write up on two or three different things because I've been feeling the need to write lately. I'm going to give it the time it deserves, though, and a single naptime isn't quite enough. So I'll update you on the goings on here and hopefully that will tide us all over for a little while and give me a little more time.
Here is Annie on her first day of school. I think she looks so stinkin' grown up! She picked out her outfit by herself this year and scolded me for thinking that glitter and sequins were the same thing (by the way - right now she likes glitter, but not sequins). Third grade is a big deal in Arizona - it's where they start getting "real" grades and their standardized tests actually count for school standing. They learn cursive, multiplication and division and they are really held to a high standard of self-organization and control. I worry about my Annie sometimes, but other times I am so impressed with her abilities and strengths. I think third grade is going to be great!
On the same day that Annie went to school, Zoe turned 9 months old. She is sitting up on her own now (with hardly any head-bonking falls) and she's scooting pretty quickly. As soon as she figures out how to get onto her knees, we're going to have a very fast mover on our hands. She's waving "hi" and "bye" to everyone, she's on a great little nap schedule (when we can stick to it) and she says "mama" and "dada." She claps when we say "yea!" (and sometimes when she's just proud of herself) and she eats like a champ. We still think she's small for her age, but she's hitting all the important milestones and growing out of everything she wears.
While we were at the family reunion, she was very leery of anyone new - and there were A LOT of new people. She still has her struggles with new people, but lately she has determined that new people aren't always bad. She still looks around for mom or dad whenever she's being held by someone new, but she doesn't immediately tear up and cry. That's progress!
We're back to being busy with school, work, friends and family.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They're both so stinking cute. Can't believe I'm not hearing Z talk. She may be small but she's smart.
Post a Comment