I have a 3.5 year old little girl who refuses to be potty trained. We have tried praise, chocolate, charts with cute stickers on them and I have even gone as far to have a "potty party." Nothing has worked, she's pretty stubborn.
This is why I get excited about the little things. I bought (yet another) book for Annie about the joys of being potty trained. This one is a little book about Zoe - and she makes a big deal about wearing big-girl underwear. Something in Annie's little head clicked and she decided that she wanted to start wearing underwear. I said we had to be like Zoe - and go pee and poop in the potty at least 5 times. She got excited about it and said she would go! Hey - small victories are still victories!
So today, when I saw her grunting like she was about ready to poop, I told her that we were going to sit on the potty to poop. She cried and screamed like she always does, but actually went. And once it was all in the potty, she was glad. She asked for a sticker for her chart and I was more than happy to give it to her. We then went over what we had talked about - that she could start wearing panties if she went pee and poop at least five times. We went and looked at all her panties - the Elmo, the tinkerbell, the Dora - and she really wanted to wear them!
This is a first! Yea for Annie!
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yea!! Now get the pictures. BLOG SPOT gives you tutorials.
Yes Mommy! I'll get on it!
Post a Comment