There was a point in my life where I was a great writer. I've won scholarships and been given awards for my writing prowess . . . I was really good.
I've looked at my writing just in this blog and it is obvious, at least to me, that I have regressed. I may have perfect spelling (at least there is something!) but I'm using passive voice and I'm just not translating my ideas well. I was thinking about this transition from good writing to bad writing and when it happened.
I am assuming that it has a lot to do with me not writing every day. I used to have to write something - or at least form it in my head - every. single. day. I love to write and I would miss it if I didn't get to it.
Then I started working - and it became more important to get a paycheck than actual creativity. Then I had the boss-from-hell who told me I wasn't a good writer (and as much as I want to think that nothing she said was valid, it still hurt). Then I became a mother and started focusing on other things. I love the idea that this blog can help refine my writing again.
At the least it will give me an outlet for writing at least a few times a week. Thank you for being the audience that my outlet needs. And thank you for not judging me from my first posts - I promise I'll get better.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't be so hard on yourself!!! thats the best part of a Blog there really doesn't have to be any kind of structure at all!!! and Hey if you want me to walk you through posting pictures or even video give me a call ok, its allot easier than you'd think!!!
luv ya
Ky
this is about the time when you start seeing the light at the end of the loooong dark tunnel - raising little kids takes a lot out of us and we do end up suppressing the self. i don't even remember how to make my hair look vaguely stylish, i've stopped wearing earrings, and i've finished exactly one painting since having kids. but it's slowly changing. of course, then it's frustrating to start using those old skills and finding out how badly they've atrophied! just keep it up, gorgeous.
Post a Comment