Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Valentines Day Sweetheart!

I really can understand people thinking that Valentine's Day is hokey. It's the commercialization and the vast amounts of pink and chocolate that makes it hokey. This is why I conspired with some of my friends to take our husbands out for a morning that didn't include any saccharin, vomit-inducing cheesiness.

My very girly girlfriends and I got babysitters and gave our men a truly fun and sweet Valentine's present that included firearms, ammunition, the desert and a couple of blown up propane tanks and fire extinguishers thrown in for good measure. This just proves that guns can be romantic!

In every respect, I had a BLAST!

Girls with guns! Don't we look cute!






We were trying to be serious - it didn't work out well.






Here are the boys. Andy (the one in the middle) is throwing a gallon container of pink water that was catapulted high in the air so that John and Sean could shoot at it with shotguns. Boys will be boys!

We had so much fun and I'm pretty sure all of the girls shot all of the guns. The boys were so patient with us and helped us to figure out everything we needed to know.

By the way - this was MY beautiful valentine's gift. I am still a girl, afterall.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Sweet! My arms are so sore today. All from just lifting the guns. Man, I am such a wuss.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I actually have a bruise, but it was still fun.

Aren't we good wives?

Lynsee said...

Those pictures are great! I'm even sore and I sat in the car half of the time. I'm the biggest wuss of all.

Shawn said...

Looks like a fun time! Chris loves to shoot guns too! I should have him call up the other guys!