This month, we decided to start the process of another insemination cycle. They put me on clomid along with the injectable Follistin. For a week, John helped me inject my stomach to make sure I would have plenty of eggs.
It worked. At my follicular ultrasound, they found four eggs - but only one of which was big enough and mature enough to do anything with. They were hoping that if we waited a few days, the other three would mature and we'd be able to do the insemination.
There is always a problem, though. Along with my eggs, they also found a lovely polyp on my uterus. Looking up polyps on the internet, it fits a lot of my symptoms that I've been having. It's tiny - so they might not have seen it or thought anything of it during all of my other tests.
They said I could still do the insemination, that there may be a larger chance of miscarriage, but that it might not. So I scheduled it for last Friday.
On Wednesday, my ovulation predictor test (which I am so pro at right now) came up weird. It's like a pregnancy test, only it shows when you ovulate. The day before, it wasn't positive, but it was dark. On Wednesday, it was light, light, light. I called the clinic and they said that it seems like I ovulated on my own.
Everything is planned when you go in for fertility treatments. They don't want you to do anything on your own, especially ovulate. That was a naughty thing my body did - and as punishment, we are putting things off for another month.
That will give me enough time to have the polyp taken care of (which is a little office visit thing) and we'll start the process again in a couple weeks.
The worst part? I got samples of the Follistin and trigger shot, which saved me like $300!! I probably won't be on the list to get those samples again.
What can ya do?
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Steph FYI you can delete comments like the one above that is advertising.. give me a call if you don't know how! Good luck with everything your in my prayers! LOVE YOU BUNCHES
Ky
Good luck!
Post a Comment