Wasn't it fun? Seeing you again after sooo many years was a hoot! And meeting your spouse was great, too! You all chose well. No, you don't look any older than the last time we saw each other! You look great!
Wasn't Ashley beautiful? Her dress was another reminder of my mother's ability to create beautiful things. Didn't she look happy? I know she sobbed the whole way through the ceremony, but couldn't you tell it was because she was "in" the moment, just overwhelmed by the emotions? I love Andrew for loving my sister, and I fell in love with his family as they welcomed us into their homes and hearts.
Did you like the cake? Good. You know I made it? I don't know that I will ever volunteer to make a wedding cake in a "not near my house" place again, but it was lovely and it tasted good. Ashley loved it, and I think them cutting it with a sword was legendary, don't you agree? There wasn't one piece left - my mother said it's because it tasted so good. I think that's what mom's are supposed to say - especially because I know that I threw away more than a few pieces because they weren't "pretty" on the plate.
We've got to do this again. Soon! We'll show you a good time if you are ever in our neck of the woods - we'll go to the Grand Canyon! They just announced a new temple in Phoenix! Do you want to get together and go to the open house? You are always welcome.
I love all of you and wish you and your family well. Tell all those people who couldn't come that we missed them terribly.
Love,
Steph
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You made that cake!!! It was OUTSTANDING! Seriously, I loved the frosting, it was way better than most fondant's that are on wedding cake!
Post a Comment