Saturday, May 10, 2008

Namebrand vacation

Our trip as officially started. I am writing from our hotel room in Albequerque, New Mexico where we just finished an amazing and tiring day of petroglyph's, Atomic power and Air balloon museums and fun.

As I was thinking this morning about what I would say about our first official day of our road trip (yesterday was just driving) I was thinking about all the namebrands we bring with us on these trips.Hey - if you bring it on vacation, it must be important. Here's just a sample . . .

We stay at Holiday Inn Express, exclusively. We have their rewards card and feel like their rooms are cleaner, they always have breakfast (which saves more than you think!) and we always feel like we get a good deal. We like Cheez-it's better than store brand cheese crackers - and cheezy crackers are a must on road trips. I use Mach 3 razors, since they don't eat up my skin and they actually make me smooth - I bring them with me on vacation because I've tried to use the disposable ones, but nothing else works. Annie and I use Pantene hair conditioner - it's a must in our ditty bag.

John's funny, too! He brings his own soap (Irish spring) and shampoo (Head and Shoulders) even though there are perfectly acceptable free soap opportunities in the hotel rooms. Since we're going to be gone for about 17 days, we also brought our own Tide detergent.

We have a Canon camera, we specifically find a way to use Sam's Club for gas (it's always cheaper), Chex Mix, Red Vines. We've even been known to bring our own Charmin (as good as Holiday Inn Express is - their toilet paper sucks).

There's some things we can go generic on - but not these.

More updates to come!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Since you are "on the road", WITHOUT A CELL PHONE, I wanted to let you know that Sarah and Jack had Jack W. Lane IV on Fri evening (May 9) He was 7 lbs 14 oz and she had him C-section. He was too happy up high and not dropping. His "Huge Round" head would not come into the birth canal - thus the surgery. He's got lots of dark flyaway hair that reminds me alot of his dad and we all think he looks alot like his mom.

They went home on Monday and she is trying to recover.

We drove up Sat (Jeff's graduation was on Fri evening) and got alot of quality holding time in.

HOpe you're having a ball

MOM

Stephanie said...

Yea!!

We both have cell phones, we just forgot to give the numbers out to everyone before we left.

I tried calling you on Sunday, and Monday, and I'll try again tonight and give you our numbers.

We're not trying to be recluses, I promise!!