That doesn't mean we were gifted junk. In fact, some of the more quality gifts we received were from people who were brave enough to buy off of the registry. Heartfelt and practical gifts from people who love us and knew, much better than we did, how to stock a home with useful items.
Here are a few of the things that have received 10 years of use and still have an honored place in my home.
I fell in love with this stoneware bowl while on a shopping trip with my co-worker. She bought it for us for our wedding. I use this everyday to put counter fruit on, but I pull all the fruit out of it whenever I make bread. Bread looks great in this bowl.
These two sets of napkins started my obsession with napkin collecting. The flowery ones were made by my Grandma Livingston, the other set was given to me by Colleen and her mother at my shower. I still use them all the time!
They are Pyrex. They have lids. I use them every day. Sad to say, I can't remember who gave them to me, but they were genius gift givers. The small one is perfect for heating refried beans in the microwave. The middle one steams my veggies and the big one is a perfect serving dish for rice. I'm impressed that I have all three clean at the same time, there is usually one in the diswasher at all times.
These Tupperware containers are also in constant use. I can't remember who gave these to me either, but if you know anything about Tupperware, this was a pretty generous gift. These bowls are constantly in my fridge, or being used to mix something up. That matching colander is literally the only colander I have owned since we've been married. It's perfect.
I don't know about you, but if I buy something for someone, I want them to use it. Just know that if you bought me any of these things, they have been in use for 10 years - and hopefully we'll get at least that much more use out of them.
5 comments:
honey, did i even get you a wedding present? my memory is shot.
i just gave away some of the last of our wedding presents. we got a lot of candlesticks and picture frames. ;)
I'm pretty sure you gave me a gift certificate or cash or something like that.
I know I didn't get you anything. I was as poor as poor could be and could barely scrape up enough money for a plane ticket.
I would have gotten you an orange and red jacket, with fringe!
the fact that you were there was present enough.
is the jacket a joke i'm supposed to get, or am i just supposed to be horrified at the thought? because i am.
Didn't I get you something hideous when we were in high school? A jacket with fringe and a lot of colorful, flax-y, things on it? You've probably erased it from your memory because it was so horrid.
I've gotten better at gift giving, I think. I hope!
Didn't I get you something hideous when we were in high school? A jacket with fringe and a lot of colorful, flax-y, things on it? You've probably erased it from your memory because it was so horrid.
I've gotten better at gift giving, I think. I hope!
Post a Comment