Sunday, June 1, 2008

Daring bakers . . . and a wedding



I didn't get to this month's Daring Baker's challenge (which was a tasty looking Opera Cake) because I had my own daring baker's challenge in making my first wedding cake. I think it turned out well, and it tasted really good!

It was just a standard white cake that I doused with 7-up (instead of simple syrup) and I made a Swiss Meringue buttercream that had rave reviews.

The happy couple was and is still happy! I'm pretty sure it's because of the cake.

5 comments:

The Brian Rodgers Family said...

Ok, so my facebook comment was a little to early. The cake looks beautiful!!

Lanes said...

I have left a couple of messages on your cell phone, please call me!

Jody

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, you did a fab job on that cake. Did you make the flower arrangements too or were those ordered? Either way, that's so well done. Beautiful presentation and so colorful.

Stephanie said...

Ashley had a very talented friend who did her flowers and she put some on the cake. It looked so simple to do, but I'm sure if I did it, it wouldn't have looked so good. I'll need to try it on my "next" cake.

Rachel said...

Stephanie your cake looks so great and tasty. Way to go even when out of your element.