Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bad news

We're not pregnant. It's a yucky thing. I'm mourning the loss of something I never really had and I'm having a bit of a tough time with it. I have faith that things will work out the way they are supposed to, and that all will eventually be well. Heavenly Father has been good to us and we are constantly on the receiving end of blessings. I know that this life is eternal, which means our posterity is eternal. It may still take some time for everything to sink in and for the crying waves to stop, so please don't be embarrassed if I start crying. Just give me a hug. I'll probably cry harder, but I'll feel better because you are there for me.

There is a bright side! We are heading out tomorrow to go to the Grandest of Canyons. I will be able to see the majesty of nature and smell like a campfire for a week while we go on adventure hikes and spend too much money on granite pigs. I don't know anything else (besides maybe going to the temple) that could make me happier.

Please don't lose any of your faith in this. If you prayed that Heavenly Father's will was done, it was. I'm grateful for all the prayers on our behalf - and knowing people have been praying for us has kept me smiling.

My hope is that now we might be able to get to the bottom of my problem. Hopefully these inseminations have dotted a few more "i's" and crossed a couple more "t's." We'll look more seriously into surgery in the next month or so and we'll hope again.

I'm good. I'm just waiting to be great.

Love you guys.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Love you too much.

What in the heck is a "Granite Pig"?

Unknown said...

(((((HUGS))))))) incase you didn't know thats a hug when i can't be there to do it in person!!!
again i 2nd mom's question whats a granite pig?? do i want one..???
luv ya

Kirsten said...

I know words don't help but know we love you. We're here for anything you may need, at any time.

Sarah said...

Hey Steph. I can feel your pain coming through that post and my heart aches for you. I know how much this means to you and to John and I'm praying that you'll be able to feel Heavenly Father's love and presence. Sometimes when things get so tough, if we look for it, it's almost like we can feel His arms around us, there to comfort us. Hope the trip to the canyon helps clear the mind and soothe the soul. We love you.

The Brian Rodgers Family said...

Hi Stephanie,
I know this is not an easy time, but you have been in our thoughts and prayers. And as for the crying and mourning, you have lost a child, one that has not even been concieved and don't let anyone tell you different. Just because it is the Lord's will does not make it any easier, but He does give us the strength to get through it. We Love you so much and wish we could be closer to give you the much needed hugs.