Saturday, May 30, 2009

My 200th post

I totally missed my 100th posting . . . So I give to you my 200th post on a blog I've been writing for a coupla years now. What has changed from my first post? Tons, and then again, not that much.

200th posts require reflection, so I am currently reflecting on positive, beautiful things I am grateful for. People like my amazing husband and child who are a constant source of support. Things that are seemingly inconsequential until I realized I really, really needed it in my life - like my uterus. My family, both the one I grew up in and the one I married into, are beautiful reminders of eternity

And then there are my friends . . . My beautiful friend who jumped at the chance to write me a glowing letter of recommendation (and then sent me a copy just so I could see how much she loved me). My amazing friend who talked to me for an hour on Saturday, just because. My super-talented friend who let me make her laugh during a rough patch. I have been so blessed to have such good, decent people in my life.

I wish I could afford to get all of my friends together in the same room. I would create a signature dessert and we would dine with cloth napkins. There would be colorful displays of friendship in the atrium, some of them made with finger paint. I think most everyone would get along with each other.

At least you would get along with me . . . because I love you the best!

3 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

Happy 200th! I love your blog, mostly because it's been years since I've seen you and yet it makes it feel like it hasn't.

Heidi said...

Oh, yay for stephanie! Glad that I know YOU! Thanks for loving my baby today.

Lora and Carl said...

I always enjoy reading blog entries by people with a gift for writing. You sure have that gift--I cracked up on the "Eye Doctor" entry--I only wish Carl was closer, but then you'd just have to buy him a cinnamon roll, too!