My friend just moved away. Sniff. She's not the only one who has left this last month, but she's the most recent so the pain is fresh.
It's a good move for her and her family. They've completed what they needed to complete here and now they are on to bigger, better, brighter things. I wish the best for her, but also I wish she didn't have to go.
Our kids play well together, we've walked some pounds away and we've taken meals to each other when the going got rough. We've experienced happiness and sadness. We've had more than a few laughs. And now she has to pack up and move away.
I am trying to keep a stiff upper lip because I just went through this a couple of years ago. I understand the draw of a better life and I know people can't be stagnant just to please other people. I realize that our friendship will now be different. It won't be the "everyday" kind of friendship, but the "we'll catch up when we can" kind of friendship. We'll evolve. We'll send each other Christmas cards and read each other's blogs.
It all makes me realize that I've made some pretty deep connections here. I love that I have lived all over the place and that I've made connections everyone I've lived. When those connections leave and find other connections in other places, it makes me realize how small the world actually is.
We all know someone else who knows someone else in this cosmic spider web of life.
Cheers to everyone who has ever had a friend. Double-cheers to anyone who's had to watch them leave. It sucks to have to be happy for someone when they are doing the very thing that will make you unhappy!
Good luck to all those who left us to make your lives better! Good luck to all of us left behind! May we all know we're better for knowing each other.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment