Thursday, July 2, 2009

Don't, just don't.

I went to Sam's Club. It was a mistake.

I go every couple of weeks to get cheap milk and cottage cheese. I sometimes get the urge to purchase a pineapple, but usually cheap stuff doesn't get the better of me.

This time it did.

How can you pass up 36 packages of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for $6? How? I don't know, because I didn't. The orange box made it into my cart and into my cupboards. I then realized that there wasn't ever a need for 36 packages of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for a family of three. We will either gorge ourselves silly, or I will have to make some amazing recipes over the course of the next few months. Why, oh why do I have no self control when it comes to good deals?

I made chocolate chip cookies last night, but I subbed peanut butter cups. They were good - but not terribly creative. I plan on making a decadent brownie and layering whole peanut butter cups so that when you cut into the brownie, you'll see beautiful jewels of Reese's. Peanut butter cup cheesecake anyone?

Does anyone have any other good recipes that use the big cups? I may need them.

Auuugh. This is not going to be a healthy summer.

1 comment:

colleeeen said...

You can mail the remaining ones to me. I'm the kind of friend who will take that kind of bullet for you.

(Psst - you can just throw them away. It's not a sin to waste junk food.)