I had Annie's first parent-teacher conference today. I am very encouraged to know that she is pretty advanced in her class. She's an "advanced" reader and her teacher loves that she sounds out words while she reads and writes phonemically.
Her teacher gave me flashcards of all the "sight" words that she needs to know throughout the year. She said "I'm supposed to tell you to stay with the class on when you go through these at home, but I'm going to ask you to see how many she knows." We went through all forty of them today and she only had a hard time on the word "here." She got words like "said" and "they" and "little" with no trouble at all. Yup, she's a smartie.
She's also doing so much better behaviorally. This is the third week that she has been on all "green." The only bad thing - she doesn't always get her work done and she gets flustered when she is given a time limit to do something (she's always last to get her backpack and line up to go home). We'll work on her time management - and she'll figure it out.
Who loves my little genius?
3 comments:
WE LOVE HER!! I think it's great that she comes a savage and quickly learns to tow the line.
Grandma Loves you guys
She sure is a cutie!!! Glad to hear she is doing so well.
Merilee
Showoff! ;)
Post a Comment