Saturday, October 31, 2009

Update - quick before she changes again!

I feel like I am constantly replacing shoes and jeans for Annie - she either blows out the knee or grows another foot and I can't keep up. The outfit that she wore beautifully on the first day of school is now a lovely bare-midriff piece - and this last week alone we've had to throw away several pairs of socks and a couple of pairs of jeans that were just too far gone.

We've been having fun, though. Here's some pictures to prove it!




Annie had her first field trip on Friday. We went to a farm where they let the kids pick vegetables (zucchini, cucumber and radishes) straight from the ground. They also rode this cool train - which was made completely out of spray-painted water barrels and ingenuity. She was riding with Jordyn, her buddy (and my only other charge as a field-trip mom) for the day.



Here's a picture of those cute girls again at the farm. Each class had a different colored shirt - which actually made it very easy to spot our school and the different classes. There were so many kids there, I'm glad none of them got lost.



This is Annie "farming" radishes. She looks thrilled, doesn't she? I actually chose this picture for another reason. Do you notice something different about my little girl? I meant to do a whole post on this, but I didn't get any really good pictures of the actual event. There are little pierced sparkles in her ear!! We went and got it done last week when she told me she was ready. I didn't even wait a whole day, just in case she changed her mind! I think they look so cute and she absolutely loves them.

My little girl - on a field trip with pierced ears! Where did the time go?

1 comment:

loricjensen said...

Isn't this the BEST time of year for fun! I know what you mean about the clothes. I gave away Whitney's princess dressup set today because she'd long outgrown the dresses--and I cried!