Monday, November 9, 2009

Hey now, I'm trying!

I'm trying to keep up with my classes and I'm mostly successful. I got bummed this past week when I got a non-perfect score on one of my essays. I hope to do better this week.

I'm trying not to be a kooky mom and freak out every time Annie gets on yellow. She had three straight green weeks and this last week got on yellow two days in a row. I think I blew a gasket before I realized that I was overreacting just a little.

I'm trying to find time to do everything that I need to do. Christmas shopping is looming, homework needs to be done, a big research project (that I have a partner - have I told you how much I hate group projects?) that needs to be researched and written, Relief Society board meeting tomorrow night, cleaning the walls, buying paint for the house, putting up said paint . . . all while acting like I really have it together. It's a tough job.

I'm trying to understand why I was only one of two people who brought homemade cookies to the cake/cookie walk at the Fall Festival? Do people really not bake anymore? Even though the flyer that was sent home said that we could bring homemade stuff, I think they really wanted everyone to bring in something spooky store bought. I bet you bucks that mine tasted better - and they were terribly cute.


So if you don't hear from me and this blog on a terribly regular basis, just know I'm trying . . .

2 comments:

loricjensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
loricjensen said...

Hey, I'll come and help you paint! Just let me know when! I always use TSP to wash my walls and then it saves a step because it acts like a primer does when it tries (the surface is a bit rough and tacky). I miss baking for our school. We always have to take store bought goods (school rule).