Friday, November 20, 2009

Getting H1N1

Annie got the flu mist for her first "shot" but since insurance wouldn't pay for another one, she got the injection for her second H1N1 vaccination (haven't you figured out yet that I will do anything to save $5?). I prepared her for it by telling her that we would go get a treat if she wasn't evil. She smiled through the injection with the very nice nurse lady and then told me she was getting a cinnamon roll for a treat.

We went to get the cinnamon roll and I thought she was done milking the situation. We come home and immediately her arm hurts - bad. She tells me that the place where she got her shot hurts, hurts, hurts and that she's sad, sad, sad. I tell her to go lay down. She does and then comes back to me to tell me that the only thing she thinks will help is Halloween candy - or maybe some time on the computer. Maybe both.

I think she's a good negotiator.

Now she's whining that she wants to read. So I am typing as fast as I can so that she can read what I type. She's one smart cookie.

Anything for lack of drama for an immunization.

No comments: