Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My nutty life in a shell

So I'm busy. What's new, right? School starts tomorrow for me and Annie's already been in school for over a week. Things have been busy at work for John and we're still not really on a schedule - but we're getting there.

I didn't really want to blog until something significant happened, but since nothing significant has happened in the last week or so, I felt like I should blog anyway. I'm now going to make a list of things that happened this week. I should warn you that nothing is earth-shatteringly important. Just the day-to-day stuff that I get to enjoy.

--I saw a "first day" of kindergarten. Annie's kindergarten teacher invited me into her classroom to see the craziness (and it was crazy). I fell in love with her class and I've been volunteering a lot since then. It made me realize I really do like that age.

-- I've realized how much I like tunafish (see, I'm seriously so boring). I put a pouch of tuna with two wedges of light laughing cow cheese and a little bit of liquid smoke. I top 3 WASA crackers with the shmear, sliced purple onions and lots of lettuce. FIVE POINTS baby! And so amazingly delicious.

-- Annie's been on yellow and red at school already - in the first week. I agree that both times were warranted and needed for the teacher to establish control over the little monster. I think Annie's just making sure that she knows where her limits are. I'm hoping that this week is better.

-- Even with her behavior issues, Annie's also been tagged as the class reader. Her teacher said that she has already read a book to the class (she wanted to sit on the rocking chair - I don't blame her). She's such a ham. I love that her teacher is encouraging her like this - it makes me glad that she's in the class she is in.

-- I am within .6 pounds of reaching my 10% weight loss goal. I should get my little medal on Thursday unless my hormones act up and wreak havoc on my ability to retain water. I still have a long way to go - but 22 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. I feel good, but I also know I need to make more small, achievable goals. So after I hit 10%, I have decided that I want to be under 200 pounds by Christmas. It's more than doable. I just have to keep working hard and not lose focus.

That's pretty much it. I'm grateful for it all. Really. Being busy is a blessing.

4 comments:

colleeeen said...

You will absolutely do it. You have the strength and the will.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work on the weightloss! So proud of you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chunchun said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.