I love my daughter. I love her so much that sometimes I want to crawl into her bed and watch her breathe. I love her so much that I give her feta cheese and rice because I know those are two of her favorite things in the world and combining them makes her smile and I like to see her smile. I truly, truly love this little girl more than I thought I could ever love a small human. This is my preface because now I'm going to tell you just some of the annoying things that make me want to turn her inside out. And these are just the ones that happened this week!
During her piano lesson with the "worlds nicest piano teacher", she decided she had enough. She told her teacher that "piano just wasn't fun anymore" and plopped her stinky self onto the couch and wouldn't move for the rest of the lesson. I'm glad I paid for that.
After doing a craft project with foamy stickers, she used her little stubby scissors and turned the sticker-backs into confetti that was teeny tiny. Some of the sticker-backs had some kind of sticky on it still - so I couldn't just sweep up the sticker-back confetti. No, that would be too easy. Annie and I spent 20 minutes picking up the confetti pieces one by one by one. Lovely way to spend 20 minutes.
Annie has become very particular about what she has in her lunches. I usually pack a p&b sandwich with some kind of fruit and a juice box. I try to get some kind of treat in there - mostly because I think it's fun to put treats in lunchboxes. I made a bunch of red velvet cupcakes for family home evening a while back and froze the extra so that I could use them as lunchbox treats. She loved the cupcakes for fhe, but every time I put one in her lunchbox, it would come home all smooshy. I asked her if she liked the cupcakes - she said "not really." I asked her why and she said "because it came from a box." When did she turn into a food snob?
It's a good thing I love her!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh how I feel your pain!!! Those little things that make you want to pull all your hair out and scrape your eyeballs out with a spoon... In return for those glimpses of complete love...what a trade off we parents get! LOL! Well... I LOVE your cooking! My boys would be in HEAVEN if they got a cupcake even if it was store bought. You are a great mommy!
Post a Comment