Do you remember that little song that we sang in Primary? "Painting a room is fun to do, fun to do, to do, to do, Painting a room is fun to do, todotodotodo." If you aren't mormon, it's a pity (you can go here to hear the amazingness). You'll be singing it all day long. It's that good.
It's what I was singing as I was painting my new craft room.
I painted it a color called "South Pacific." It is a cross between blue and green and turquoise and I love it. It is bright, but I think it will motivate and inspire me to create beautiful things. This is a good thing since this bedroom was supposed to be a nursery. I tried not to think of that when I was painting. I tried to think about the cool white cabinets that John is going to be installing and the ability this room will have to contain my craziness - even though it was supposed to contain a crib and a changing table and tiny little clothes in the closet.
The transition from nursery to craft room is a good one. It will keep my mind occupied and give the room a purpose and me a portion of happiness. I'm not as melancholy about it as it may seem - just reflective. It's a good thing.
Friday, January 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great. Now that song is stuck in my head. I'll probably be singing it for days.
However, good for you in painting the room, and I bet it looks fabulous. That color sounds delish!
...still singing...
Post a Comment