Sunday, October 23, 2011

Baking . . .

I am a good baker. I promise. Just look at what I made for Grammy's birthday . . . 


Yep. That is a chocolate bundt with twice as much chocolate ganache as the recipe called for, a lemon bundt with a lemon infused simple syrup and a lemon glaze and 50 individually decorated sugar cookies with buttercream frosting.

I rocked that party.

And then I came home and watched my ankles get twice their size.

So I'm bragging a bit, but I know I can bake. Even so - there is sometimes there is a need for ganache and glaze and sometimes you just need the redneck version of a treat. Here's a recipe that I just made up. Remember that I am 8 months pregnant and I understand that this is gross. It's also delicious and wonderful.

First, you go to Walmart and get the chocolate covered cookies that have marshmallow in them. I don't get the name brand ones - the generic ones work just fine.





Then you take your peanut butter and you schmear . . .



Then you eat . . .
and then you eat some more


And then you pat your belly because you realize that you could do so much better, but sometimes it's not about greatness, it's just about satiating a crappy little craving.

And here's a picture to prove that I am baking a cute little girl. This is me at 35 weeks with Diana (my cousin on my husband's side) who is 20 weeks. I'm not sure if that is sour cream, frosting or a name tag on my shirt - it doesn't really matter. 

No comments: