Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cures

When I was growing up, it seemed like anytime I went to my mother with an ailment she told me to go brush my teeth. Canker sores, headaches and belly problems were cured by tooth scrubbing - either that or I just had really bad breath and mom didn't want to talk to me until I cured the problem she knew she could take care of. My mom was a genius because after I brushed my teeth, unless I was really sick, I figured that brushing my teeth was at least enough to take my mind off of whatever it was that was bugging me.

Now that I'm pregnant, I realize that doctors do the same thing that my mom did. Swelling ankles? Drink lots of water and put your feet up. High blood pressure? Drink lots of water and lay on your left side. Hemorrhoids? Drink lots of water to keep things moving. I have a feeling that if I went into my doctor with a severed head they would calmly tell me to drink lots of water.

So I'm drinking lots of water.

At least they tell me to do something. It keeps me from going crazy.

Genius.

No comments: