Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope that everyone is with family and friends.
I'm going in for my second round of Artificial Insemination tomorrow (Friday) and I just wanted to let people know, just in case they wanted to send some prayers our way. The ultrasound looked better this month than it did last month (I have two eggs that are bigger than my last batch) so I am hopeful again.
On another note - I'm sending you my Thanksgiving menu. Mostly because I think it is fun to see how John's life and my life have meshed.
Appetizers
- Mom's Cheese ball with pecans
- Assortment of pickles and olives
Main Course
- Turkey (brined ala Cooks Illustrated method)
- Honey Baked Ham (courtesy of the in-laws which got it free from a client)
Sides
- Christmas potatoes (funeral potatoes for those of you who didn't grow up as a Lane)
- Sweet potato something (Grandma Stempinski is bringing it over)
- Corn casserole (it has cool whip in it! - Meridith is making that)
- Green Bean Casserole with the essential fried onions
- Mashed Taters with way too much butter
- Homemade Rolls (Grandma Mac's recipe - OH Boy! they are good)
- Canned Cranberry to set out and then throw away
Dessert
- Apple pie (John makes)
- Pumpkin pie (John makes)
- Trifle (Steph makes and is usually the only one to eat it!)
All this for seven people - I think we'll be full tonight!
Love you guys!
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment