Friday, May 16, 2008

Highlights so far

Our trip so far has been very memorably fun. Here's some highlights . . .

- We stopped at a place in Amarillo that serves 72 oz steaks for "free" if you can eat it in under an hour. We didn't participate in the challenge, but Annie fell and loudly cried that she hurt her "gyna."

- We saw the BodyWorlds exhibit in Kansas City. It was actually in Phoenix a year or so ago, but we couldn't get tickets. We bought a little headset for Annie that spouted kid-sized knowledge about what she was seeing. It was the best thing ever, she loved listening to the kind lady talk about blood vessels and bones and muscles. And then we got in the "reproduction" part of the thing and she pointed at the male anatomy and asked what it was - loudly and repeatedly, because she still had the headset on. Don't worry, I told her.

- While leaving Kansas City, there was an interchange where you could go left and get on one freeway and right and get on another freeway. In the middle of that interchange was a cop, but we didn't know it was a cop. He clocked us going 72 in a 55 and made us stop IN THE INTERCHANGE by literally waving us down and making us think we were going to hit him. What a jerk! Then he gave John the first ticket for speeding that he's had since we've been married.

- We heard about the new arrival of Jack William Lane IV (they are calling him Jackson) by my blog. I guess nobody has our cell phone numbers. Congratulations to Jack and Sarah, he's absolutely beautiful.

- While in Kansas City, we were there for two nights and we ate at two different barbeque restaurants. One that we found in a book and one that was recommended to us by a hotel person. The one that we found was better, but not by a ton. Yummy stuff.

- We traveled 7 hours on Mother's Day and I opened the little craft project that Annie made for me in preschool. John also went to Walmart with Annie the night before and got a little cheesecake and a rose. We ate the cheesecake, and I put the rose in a cup in the van's console for the whole day. It was a great Mother's Day.

More fun stuff ahead. We arrived in Omaha last night and will stay today and leave tomorrow morning for North Platte, Nebraska. I asked John what was in North Platte and he said "nothing but a hotel."

See you soon!

4 comments:

colleeeen said...

please forgive me for laughing like a hyena over Annie hurting her "gyna." seriously, i'm a hooting owl.

Anonymous said...

BodyWorlds. was. awesome. I want to see it again, because it was waaaaay to crowded when I went and I didn't feel like I could look at muscles and stuff as long as I wanted. I'm so glad you guys got to go.

Anonymous said...

Sounds so fun - and a 72 inch steak?? WOW!

Jazz Joyner Livingston said...

It was so great meeting your family this weekend! It's so great meeting the extended family, and now I have a face to go with the stories!

Take care!