Monday, May 5, 2008

Rite of passage

There she was, in her little white dress with pink flowers. The one that I wanted to buy her for Easter, but she was determined to get the "pinkity pink" one that had pink and purple flowers and was a little more flow-ey. I bought the one she wore yesterday after Easter when it was only $10, so I guess I can't complain too badly.

But there she was. Standing in front of the whole junior Primary. I whispered something in her ear, and she professionally repeated what I said - just like we practiced at home.

She talked about Lehi and Mo-Sigh-Ah (she emphasized every syllable) with a knowledge that she gained from our Family Home Evening after she got the assignment. She showed off the pictures that we drew as a family. She smiled and didn't play with the microphone.

Annie gave her first talk in Primary yesterday! She did really, really well.

It's still amazing to me that the church encourages new Sunbeams, like Annie, to get up in front of their peers and spout knowledge. What amazing training the gospel gives our little ones.

3 comments:

colleeeen said...

Paul hides underneath the podium and i always end up giving his talks. at least for the prayer he whispers in my ear what i should say.

Shawn said...

She did an awesome job! I was very proud of her!

Cathy said...

This is when I wish that you could reverently film in Primary. Wish I could have seen her.